EUROPEAN LANDSCAPES FOR QUALITY OF LIFE ?
3–7 SEPTEMBER 2018
POST-CONFERENCE FIELD TRIP: 7–9 SEPTEMBER 2018
IN CLERMONT-FERRAND AND MENDE, FRANCE
The 28 th session of the PECSRL biennial international conference – European Landscapes for Quality of Life? – will be held in 2018, at two locations: Clermont-Ferrand and Mende. This general theme encompasses the interactions between quality of landscapes, quality of food and quality of life, the importance of re enrooting food to place as an alternative to the globalization and Health and quality of life in connection with landscapes.
It will be hosted by the research group “territoires”, an interdisciplinary unit that gathers geographers, economists, agronomists, social and politic scientists from 5 institutions (Agro Paris Tech, Clermont Auvergne University, INRA, IRSTEA, VetAgro Sup).
PESCRL 2018 IS ESPECIALLY INTERESTED IN EXPLORING THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
- What are the connections between quality of Life and quality of landscape? In which conditions they can reinforce each other for a better sustainability?
- What are the interests/limits of re-enrooting food to place as an alternative to the globalization? What are the conditions of the success? What are the main levels that can be used and what are the main locks to be removed.
- What are the economic consequences for firms and local development to re-enrooting food to place, thanks to links to landscape?
- How Health, quality of life and landscapes are connected? What are the main driving forces? In which situations is it possible to better local situations?
- How Energy Landscapes can contribute (or not) to better the quality of life?
- Are Landscape quality, food identity and quality of life always positively correlated? For what consequences? If not, what are the reasons of negative interactions and is it possible to change?
15/10/2017 – Call for sessions
30/11/2017 – Deadline for the call for sessions
15/12/2017 – Acceptation of sessions, call for communications and posters
15/02/2018 – Deadline for communications and posters
08/03/2018 – Acceptation of communications and posters