Tackling the Causes of Pollution and Promoting Sustainable Solutions
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre, Brussels
Thursday 7th June 2018
Access to clean water is an important 2030 Sustainable Development Goal (SDG), as its role in reducing poverty and disease and promoting sustainable growth is paramount. Water, as a common good, is also protected by European environmental law. The Blueprint framework consists of many initiatives, related to the EU's 2020 Strategy, covering even a longer timeline until 2050.
The package includes the Water Framework Directive (2000), amendments to the Directive of Drinking Water (2015), Groundwater Directive (2006), Bathing Water Directive (2006), and River Basin Management plans.In 2017 the European Commission published an Inception Impact Assessment on the Revision of the Drinking Water Directive.
Moreover, recently the European Commission released a Commission Staff Working Document on Agriculture and Sustainable Water Management in the EU and the 9th Commission Report on the implementation of the Urban Waste Water Treatment Directive in order to maximise the efforts against water pollution.
With the Water Framework Directive due to undergo a review in 2019, this timely symposium will bring experts, policy-makers, practitioners, business representatives and innovators to exchange ideas, promote alternative thinking and reflect on the most viable solutions for the protection of water. The participants will assess the efficiency of European practices and regulations on regional and national levels and will share the good practices from their fields.
• Look into the European legislation aimed at enhancing water quality
• Reflect on cross border and cross sector partnerships fighting water pollution
• Understand the functioning of European funding instruments for Water safety
• Identify strategies to address the impact of most common and emerging pollutants on water
• Discover new opportunities of investing in the water industry
• Evaluate the importance of water safety on the global scale and the costs of the water pollution
• Look into best practices of water reuse and explore lessons learned
• Learn about the standardisation of water quality
• Gain insights on best local initiatives promoting better water management
View the brochure, including the full event programme.
An offer of a 20% early registration discount off the standard delegate rates (subject to type of organisation and terms and conditions) for bookings received by the 27th April 2018. In the meantime, to ensure your organisation is represented, please book online or complete and return the registration form at your earliest convenience in order to secure your delegate place(s)
Event site and registration online: http://www.publicpolicyexchange.co.uk/events/IF07-PPE2